28-Tile ScrabbleLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
28-Tile Scrabble is a modified Scrabble. No board is used and a player is given immediately 28 Scrabble tiles (hence, the name of the game).
The rules are:
1. The tiles are 26 letters of the alphabet (one tile per letter) and 2 blank tiles (which may be used as any letter in the alphabet).
2. A player forms any number of words from his available tiles only.
3. Each tile can be used only once.
4. Words cannot share any tile.
a.) Credits: A player starts with 1000 points for playing.
b.) Deductions: Points are deducted from the player's credit as follows:
- 150 pts. for any unused Z,Q,X,J,V, or K
- 100 pts, for any other unused consonant or vowel
- 75 pts. for any word with three letters or less.
- 50 pts. for any word in excess of five WORDS (not letters)
- 5,4,3,2,1 pts for using a blank tile as A,E,I,O,U respectively.
The highest score so far is less than 950 points.
CHALLENGE: What is your best score?
Hint"THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG" will not work. There are only 28 tiles available.
"QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS THE LAZY DOG" will not work. There are only 2 jokers available for the extra U and the two extra O's.
The highest score so far is 948.
AnswerGROWTH VEND FLAX BUCKS JUMPY QUIZ.
- 0 ( no unused letter-tiles)
- 0 ( no three-letter word)
- 50 ( one word in excess of five words as player formed six words)
- 2 ( for using the two blank tiles as the two extra U's at 1 pt. per extra U)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top