5 BooksLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
My best friend just left the room and told me not to touch his books, but I wanted the book back that I have let him borrow.
Not remembering which color book was mine I took them all off the shelf. The problem is I only remember a few things about the order of them and I can't seem to remember which one was mine.
I heard my friend walking back down the hall so I have to think quick.
From the information I remember about the books, can you figure out the order of the books and which one is mine?
1. The blue book is not next to the green book, and two books away from the book I let him borrow. (one book in between)
2. The yellow book is next to the blue book, but not the red book.
3. The red book is the only book that isn't three books away from any other books (2 books in between).
4. The yellow book is somewhere to the left of the green book.
5. The green book is somewhere to the left of the purple book.
AnswerFrom (3), the red book must be in the middle. The yellow book cannot be to the right of the red book, as both the green and purple books must be to its right (4,5). Nor can yellow be next to red (2), so it is in the first position. From (2), blue must be in the second position. From (5) green and purple must be in position 4 and 5, respectively.
The books are therefore in this order:
yellow, blue, red, green, purple
From (1), my book is green.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top