Spazy CroonerismsLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
A spoonerism is a pair of words that can have their initial sounds switched to form new words. The pairs need only sound the same, not necessarily be spelled the same (power saw & sour paw, horse cart & coarse heart). There may sometimes be one or two connecting words (kick the stone & stick the cone, king of the rats & ring of the cats). Given the following definitions, what are the spoonerisms?
1) no-cost fish lures & honey shipment
2) leaping legumes & colliding dungarees
3) crustacean movement & criminal sunscreen
4) baseball term & seasonal pig
Answer1) free bait & bee freight
2) jumping beans & bumping jeans
3) lobster motion & mobster lotion
4) ball four & fall boar
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top