Captain John's Journey (Part 1)Logic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
Captain John is the captain of a pirate ship called the "Wasp". He just heard about a lost treasure on a far away island. He needs to get his two crew mates, and lead them to a ship, but there are guards around and he needs to do this without passing them, or they will throw him in the brig. Can you help him get his two crew mates to the ship without getting sent to the brig?
The positions of everything are in a 3-by-3 grid (1 John, 1 ship, 2 crew mates, 2 guards, and 3 grass areas). John may only move 1 space at a time, either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. He can only go to each space once.
But before he can figure out the right way to go, he must figure out where everything is. This is what he knew:
1. The Wasp is not in the same row or column as John.
2. John is not in the same row or column as either guard.
3. Neither guard is in the third column.
4. Both guards are vertically next to grass.
5. The ship is in the same row as one guard, and the same column as the other guard.
6. One of the grass spaces is diagonally next to both crew mates.
7. One of the grass spaces is in the 2nd column, in the first row.
8. The two guards are not in the same row or column.
HintUse paper and pencil.
AnswerThe positions of everything.
Guard - Grass - Crew Mate
Grass - Grass - John
Ship - Guard - Crew Mate
The correct way for John to go (1-7, in order of each space he goes to, X meaning don't go).
X - 5 - 4
6 - 3 - 1
7 - X - 2
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top