Captain John's Journey (Part 2)Logic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
Captain John has escaped his home town onto his ship, the "Wasp", and now Captain John sits in his cabin reading his map. Standing up, he walks out the door into the middle of the deck and announces "we have made it this far, but next we need to find both shipwrecks in the right order to point us the right way, towards the island", followed by tons of "ehs".
There are reefs in the ocean and if Captain John passes over one, his ship sinks and he and his crew die.
With what Captain John knows about the sea, can you figure out where the nine things in a 3-by-3 grid(Wasp, sunken ship 1, sunken ship 2, 2 oceans, 3 reefs, and the island) and go in the right path to the first sunken ship, the second, then the island, without passing over a reef.
The ship can move 1 space horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, and it can only pass each space once.
1. The Wasp is in the same row or column as both sunken ships.
2. There are at least two reefs to the right of sunken ship 2, but the ship isn't in the same row as either of the reefs.
3. One of the oceans is diagonal to only two reefs.
4. The columns and rows of the Wasp and island together take up every single space except the 2nd row of the 3rd column.
5. The island is between two reefs.
6. One of the reefs is somewhere above the other two reefs.
AnswerThe 9 things in the grid go as followed.
Wasp l sunken ship 2 l sunken ship 1
ocean l ocean l reef
reef l island l reef
This is the order of where he needs to go (1-6, X's meaning reefs)
1 l 4 l 3
5 l 2 l X
X l 6 l X
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top