Entertaining the KidsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
The parents of five children decided to share responsibility for entertaining the kids (one of whom is Bruce) during the week between the end of day camp and the start of the school. Each parent took a different day of the week, Monday through Friday, to take the children on a different outing (including taking them horseback riding). They also each rented a movie (including Mulan) for the children to watch. For each day, determine who took care of the kids, that parent's child, the outing the parent supervised and the movie he or she rented.
1. The five parents were: the one who took the children bowling, the one who rented "Antz", Katie's parent, Mr. Bidwell and Mrs. Molinari.
2. The parent who rented "Finding Nemo" didn't take the kids bowling and isn't related to Katie.
3. Neither Mrs. Parker nor the parent who took the kids to miniature golf rented "Ice Age".
4. The children went roller skating the day before they saw "Monster's Inc.", which was the day before Mr. Sandoval entertained them.
5. The parent who took the kids skating didn't rent "Antz".
6. Mr. Sandoval wasn't the parent who rented "Finding Nemo" (which the children watched Thursday).
7. Mrs. Lee is Derek's mother.
8. Linda's parent, who isn't Mrs. Molinari and who didn't rent "Antz", entertained the kids on Friday.
9. Ryan's parent took care of the children the day after the parent who took the kids swimming.
AnswerMonday, Mrs. Parker, Katie, Skating, Mulan
Tuesday, Mrs. Lee, Derek, Bowling, Monster's Inc.
Wednesday, Mr. Sandoval, Bruce, Swimming, Antz
Thursday, Mrs. Molinari, Ryan, Golf, Finding Nemo
Friday, Mr. Bidwell, Linda, horseback riding, Ice Age
Finding Nemo is on Thursday (6). Thus, Mr. Sandoval didn't entertain the kids on Friday (4). Nor did he entertain on Monday or Tuesday (4) or Thursday (6), so he entertained on Wednesday. The kids went skating on Monday and saw Monster's Inc on Tuesday (4). Linda's parent entertained the kids on Friday (8). They didn't see Antz on Monday (5) or Friday (8), so they saw it on Wednesday. Mrs. Lee is Derek's mom (7) and must be mentioned in clue 1. Since Mr. Sandoval rented Antz, then Mrs. Lee had to take the kids bowling. Since we know either the kids name, parents name or outing for Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Mrs. Lee is either Tuesday or Thursday. Since Finding Nemo is Thursday (6), then Mrs. Lee is on Tuesday (2). Linda's parent has to be mentioned in clue 1 and is either Mrs. Molinari or Mr. Bidwell. It is Mr. Bidwell (8). Thursday's parent is also mentioned in clue 1. He or she is not Katie's parent (2), therefore has to be Mrs. Molinari. By elimination, Mrs. Parker is on Monday. By elimination from clue 1, Katie is Mrs. Parker child. Ice age was rented on Friday (3) and by elimination Mulan was rented on Monday. The kids went swimming on Wednesday and Ryan was on Thursday (9). By elimination, Bruce was on Wednesday. The kids played golf on Thursday (3) and went horseback riding on Friday.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top