Dark ShadowsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Many fears disappear when we become adults, but some fears are never outgrown. Five friends recently discovered that they were all, to some extent, afraid of the dark. None sleep in total darkness; each prefer to have a different light on all night. With further discussion, each also admitted that he or she performs a different nightly routine before retiring. Can you discover each person's full name, the light he or she keeps on at night, and each person's habitual practice before bedtime?
Friends: Donald, Gretchen, John, Dawn, Stephanie
Last names: Upgraff, Foster, Weatherton, Buchanan, Young
Routines: Closes closet door, checks locks, put a phone by the bed, pulls down the shades, and looks under the bed
Lights: Desk lamp, hall light, night-light, overhead light, computer screen
1. Either Donald or Stephanie admitted with some embarrassment that he or she always checks under the bed before getting in it.
2. The person who double checks all the house locks sleeps with either the Winnie-the-Pooh night-light or a desk lamp on.
3. The five people are: Gretchen, Dawn, Buchanan, the person who sleeps with his or her computer screen lit, and the person who always keeps a phone near the bed for security.
4. Weatherton (who isn't Dawn) and the person who sleeps with a night-light are members of the opposite sex.
5. Neither John nor Stephanie sleeps with the hall light on.
6. Dawn isn't the person who pulls down the shades at night.
7. The person who sleeps with the overhead light on (who is surnamed either Foster or Young) doesn't find it necessary to keep a phone by the bed.
8. Mr. Upgraff routinely closes the door to his closet, lest the creepy things that lurk within emerge while he sleeps.
9. Buchanan doesn't sleep with the Winnie-the-Pooh night-light.
10. Young sleeps with either a desk light or the overhead light lit.
HintJohn and Donald are male; Gretchen, Dawn and Stepanie are female.
AnswerDonald Weatherton, hall light, phone
Gretchen Young, overhead light, shades
John Upgraff, computer screen, closet
Dawn Foster, night-light, locks
Stephanie Buchanan, desk lamp, checks under bed
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top