What's That You Said? IILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Here are some well-known expressions rewritten into "Cliff-ese". For those of you who don't know what that means, he was a very wordy person on the TV show "Cheers" and never used a small word where a larger one would work. Try to figure out the phrases in simpler terms.
1. Projecting short, loud, canine-like noises erroneously toward the top of an incorrect arboreal plant.
2. To subject a slender illumination device to rapid carbonization on its antipodal points.
3. To slay a brace of avian creatures with just a single petrous conglomeration.
4. Like sending dense shelly concretions through the air to fall in front of stout-bodied, artiodactyl creatures.
Answer1. Barking up the wrong tree.
2. Burn the candles at both ends.
3. Kill two birds with one stone.
4. Casting pearls before swine.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top