Recipe Mix UpLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
A local radio station had announced a competition: cook the best three course meal and you and your fellow chefs could win a trip to Hawaii! Each team must have five entrants, and must consist of an entree, a main and a dessert.
Five people now stood in Mr Black's kitchen arguing over whose recipes should be used. Each person had brought their three recipes with them and placed them on the table. Unfortunately Mr Black had not closed the window to the kitchen and a gush of wind rushed through and blew all the recipes off the table and jumbled them together.
Can you work out which person owned which recipes?
First Names: Kate, John, James, Matthew, Melissa
Last names: Green, Brown, White, Blue, Black
Entree: beef sausages, sausage rolls, leek soup, garlic bread, garlic shrimp.
Mains: trout and potato, spaghetti bolognaise, cheese souffle, steak and vegetables, chicken salad.
Desserts: chocolate mousse, ice cream, fruit salad, lemon meringue pie, apple pie.
1. The five people were: Kate, Mr Black, the one who had spaghetti bolognaise, the one who had chocolate mousse and the one who had garlic shrimp.
2. Mr Green did not have any fruit or vegetables with his meals.
3. No one had both the seafood items.
4. Miss White did not have any meat in her recipes.
5. Miss Blue only likes to use white meat in her recipes.
6. The person who had garlic bread also had ice cream.
7. The woman who had the cheese souffle did not have any garlic entrees.
8. The man who had the chocolate mousse had fish in one of his dishes
9. Matthew's main dish contained pasta.
10. The woman with the garlic shrimp had salad with her main meal.
11. Neither James nor Matthew had fruit in their dessert.
12. John Black had red meat in both his main meal and his entree.
13. Mr Green did not have meat in his entree.
14. The man who had apple pie for dessert also had beef sausages as an entree.
15. Melissa had a pie for dessert.
HintThe foods are only what is listed.
Eg, if someone doesn't have vegetables listed with their dish, then their dish does not come with vegetables.
Kate and Melissa are female; John, James and Matthew are male.
Spaghetti bolognaise contains red meat
AnswerKate White, leek soup, cheese souffle, fruit salad.
John Black, beef sausages, steak and vegetables, apple pie.
James Brown, sausage rolls, trout and potatoes, chocolate mousse.
Matthew Green, garlic bread, spaghetti bolognaise, ice cream.
Melissa Blue, garlic shrimps, chicken salad, lemon meringue pie.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top