Book Reports - Who Read What?Logic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Jessica, Matt, Chris, Ellen, and Tony are five students having the surnames Saunders, Alvarez, Mason, Tan, and Locke (not necessarily in that order) assigned to each read a different book and write a book report on them. But their teacher, unluckily, has forgotten which student is supposed to read which book! Help her figure out the students' full names, assigned books, and presentation dates from the clues below.
Students: Jessica, Matt, Chris, Ellen, Tony
Surnames: Saunders, Alvarez, Mason, Tan, Locke
Books: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Gone With the Wind, War and Peace, Oliver Twist
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
1. Jessica, Chris, and the girl reading War and Peace plan to write their reports together on Monday night.
2. The 5 students are Matt, the girl presenting on Wednesday, the guy presenting on Tuesday, the kid reading Gone With the Wind, and Chris Saunders.
3. No person has the same first and last initials.
4. Miss Alvarez is presenting on Wednesday, while Pride and Prejudice is being presented on Monday.
5. Locke is mad he is the first to present, but Chris is happy because he is last.
6. Miss Tan wanted to read either Jane Eyre or War and Peace, but Tony and Ellen wound up reporting them instead.
HintP&P=Pride and Prejudice
GWTW=Gone With the Wind
AnswerJessica Tan is reporting Gone With the Wind on Thursday.
Matt Locke is reporting Pride and Prejudice on Monday.
Chris Saunders is reporting Oliver Twist on Friday.
Ellen Alvarez is reporting War and Peace on Wednesday.
Tony Mason is reporting Jane Eyre on Tuesday.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top