The Writer's CupLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
At the end of each school year, Clearmont College's Students for the Greening of America sponsors a bed race to benefit the preservation of regional wetlands. In this year's race, the competitors were placed in divisions by their college major. The five winning teams in the English Department all had beds painted white, although each bed sported a different color sheet. After the race, each winning team's captain stated that his team's success was no doubt due to their Muse, after which their bed was named (each had a different name). Match each captain with his team's bed (one was Clio), and its sheet color (one was cerulean), as well as the prize won (the coveted Writer's Cup for first place, or a second, third, fourth, or fifth place ribbon).
1. Erato crossed the finish line fifth.
2. Calliope, which sported the indigo sheet, didn't place fourth.
3. Forrest didn't captain the team that won the Writer's Cup, who had the bed with the magenta sheet.
4. Joel steered his team's bed across the finish line immediately after the bed with the apricot sheet.
5. Glenn's team's bed, Thalia, placed immediately after Irving's (which had the lilac sheet).
6. The team captained by Harvey didn't race the bed named Melpomene.
Answer1. Harvey, Clio, magenta, Writer's Cup
2. Forrest, Calliope, indigo, 2nd
3. Irving, Melpomene, lilac, 3rd
4. Glenn, Thalia, apricot, 4th
5. Joel, Erato, cerulean, 5th
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top