ChangelingsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Changelings kidnap children and replace them with one of their own. Great care must be taken when choosing a child to switch places with. The changeling must watch the child and be able to mimic the personality and history of the child, including any talents or abilities of the child. In the past century, five children, three boys (Brian, Henry, and Oscar) and two girls (Ruth and Tess) have been kidnapped by changelings. Can you determine the last name and talents of each child, the changeling who switched places with them, and the age at which they were taken?
Last names: Chase, Day, Hays, Love, Tanner
Changelings: Bekar, Caliban, Igel, Puck, Speck
Talents, Art, Dance, Piano, Poetry, Singing
1. Ruth, who was not the artist, was older than Tanner (who was kidnapped by Speck), but younger than the dancer (who was not Oscar).
2. The 5 children are Ms. Hays, Henry, the child that Caliban took, the dancer, and the youngest.
3. Day is older than the girl Bekar stole, who is older than the poet.
4. Chase, who was 9, was older than Ruth.
5. The changeling who stole Brian (who wasn't the oldest) had to exercise his voice, but this wasn't Igel.
6. Love was younger than Tess, who was younger than Puck (who practiced Mozart night and day).
7. The artist was the middle child.
AnswerBrian, Tanner, Speck, Singing, 4
Henry, Day, Puck, Piano, 10
Oscar, Love, Caliban, Art, 7
Ruth, Hays, Igel, Poetry, 6
Tess, Chase, Bekar, Dance, 9
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top