It's a Jungle Out ThereLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
There is a plot of land that is 16 square acres, arranged in a 4 X 4 grid. There are 16 mammals, two each of the following: beaver, cat, dog, goat, horse, lion, tiger, and walrus. There is one mammal in each acre. The acres are labeled A through P, as shown below.
A B C D
E F G H
I J K L
M N O P
Given the following clues, determine where each mammal is located. The terms "next to" and "connected together" mean vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
1) A and D do not contain the same mammal, but one of them has a dog.
2) E and O do not contain the same mammal, but one of them has a horse.
3) B and L contain the same mammal, but not a tiger.
4) C and M contain the same mammal, but not a beaver.
5) F, K, N, and P are four different mammals.
6) The tigers are in different columns.
7) The goats are located in two of the following locations: B, C, K, and O.
8) The lions are located in two of the following locations: A, E, F, and M.
9) Cats don't get along with dogs, so neither cat is next to a dog.
10) Tigers have goats on their menu, so each tiger must be next to at least one goat and each goat must be next to at least one tiger.
11) The beavers and walruses live on the same body of water, so all four must be connected together in some fashion.
AnswerA = lion, B = cat, C = walrus, D = dog
E = horse, F = lion, G = beaver, H = tiger
I = dog, J = beaver, K = goat, L = cat
M = walrus, N = tiger, O = goat, P = horse
Per #3, B & L are the same; per #4, C & M are the same; therefore, per #7, K & O are goats; therefore, per #2, E is a horse; therefore, per #8, A & F are lions; therefore, per #1, D is a dog.
Per #4, C & M are not beavers; per #9, C is not a cat; per #10, M is not a tiger; therefore, C & M are walruses; therefore, per #11, G & J are beavers.
Per #3, B & L are not tigers; therefore, B & L are cats. Per #6, N is a tiger; per #9, H & P are not a dog; therefore, I is a dog.
Per #5, P is a horse; therefore, H is a tiger.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top