All Aboard the Hogwarts ExpressLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
On the Hogwarts Express, the conductor completely screwed up and lost his seating notes! However, he has managed to get his hands on the following clues. Can you help him solve the clues and seat everyone in their proper place?
The Hogwarts Express has two different rows. Each row has two compartments. Each compartment has two rows of seats, and each row in the compartment can hold three people. In this case, there is a left compartment and a right compartment, like the following:
Left (corridor) Right
1) Harry is sitting across from Neville.
2) Neville is in the left compartment.
3) Ginny is sitting next to Neville, Luna, or both.
4) Hermione, who is sitting completely diagonal from Neville, is next to either Harry, Ron, or both.
5) Malfoy cannot be in the left compartment.
6) Ron is sitting between Harry and Hermione.
7) Luna is sitting diagonally from Harry.
8) Malfoy is sitting next to Parkinson or Crabbe.
9) Zabini is sitting opposite Nott.
10) Crabbe and Goyle are sitting together next to one other person.
11) Nott is diagonal from Parkinson.
12) Harry must get a window seat.
13) Hermione is in the aisle across the row from Malfoy.
14) Crabbe is in the aisle across the row from Luna.
15) Harry is closer to the front of the train.
Note about the clues: Diagonal can mean completely diagonal (across, over 2) or it can mean slightly diagonal (across, over 1).
AnswerHarry, Ron, Hermione | Malfoy, Parkinson, Zabini
Neville, Ginny, Luna | Crabbe, Goyle, Nott
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top