Can You Find It? XIILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
There are so many words. If you take the letters found in the word PHILANTHROPISTS, using the clues below, can you figure out the words that can be made?
1. A slab-like rock at the base of a column.
2. A finely corded fabric, often of cotton, for drapery or dresses.
3. A need, or desire for something, as with knowledge.
4. The object of plundering or looting.
5. A short, usually one-handed firearm.
6. Desolately stark, severe, and/or uncomfortable.
7. To beat soundly, as in a punishment; to flog.
8. One of the two outside openings of the nose.
9. A building or place for the confinement of persons lawfully convicted of crimes.
10. A small container, usually of glass, for holding liquids.
11. A strip of leather used for sharpening razors.
12. A mass of lymphoid tissue found on both sides of the throat.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top