Behead NLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Pleasant -> Frozen water
2. More recent -> Pitcher for water
3. Noble gas -> Indefinitely long period of time
4. Almost -> Ahead of time; at the beginning of a period of time
5. Not at any time -> At any time
6. None of two choices -> One of two choices
7. Limited width or scope -> Projectile shot from a bow
8. One, for example -> Brown, earthy colour
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Nice -> Ice
2. Newer -> Ewer
3. Neon -> Eon
4. Nearly -> Early
5. Never -> Ever
6. Neither -> Either
7. Narrow -> Arrow
8. Number -> Umber
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top