0 to 10 Pyramid VILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Starting with a one-letter word or prefix, add a letter and rearrange the letters to produce the next. A clue is given for each.
Maybe your car can do 0 to 60 in 10 seconds, but can you do 0 to 10 in 60 seconds? Get out the stopwatch!
The hint provides the starting letters of the even numbered words.
1. Suffix in Australian slang, making words informal
2. One-third of a Christmas guffaw!
3. Unit of resistance; symbol 'omega'
4. Sounds like #3, aspirated
5. Greek poet known for his baseball talent?
6. Head of a female religious community
7. A statement that can be proved using other accepted principles
8. To 'put this on' is to exercise persuasion, to beguile - especially romantically
9. Animal that needs a heat source from outside its body; i.e. it's not an endotherm!
10. 'Rev counter' on the dashboard
Answer1. O (e.g. Compo, Freo, Arvo)
2. Ho (from Ho! Ho! Ho!)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top