Star Trek AliensLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
The annual Star Trek convention was in town and as a result, aliens and Trekkies overran the town. Five friends came dressed up as aliens from different planets which Star Fleet had made contact with over the years. Each planet orbited a different star, and had a different size population. From the clues given, determine the name of the planet, the year Star Fleet made contact, the star the planet orbits, and the size of the population.
1) The population of Kappa is larger than that of the planet orbiting Polaris, which made contact earlier than Kappa.
2) Wezen is the star whose planet, which is not named Rho, has a population of 9.5 million.
3) Zeta is the planet around Albati, which was not the last one to make contact.
4) The Mu contact took place in 2161.
5) Contact was made in 2217 with Betelgeuse system, whose population was smaller than the planet contacted in 2202.
6) The largest population is on Pi, contacted next after the smallest population.
7) 12 million was the population of the planet contacted after the planet in the Electra system.
AnswerIn 2148 contact was made with Zeta in the Albati system with a population of 10 million.
In 2161 contact was made with Mu in the Polaris system with a population of 8.5 million.
In 2202 contact was made with Pi in the Electra system with a population of 15 million.
In 2217 contact was made with Rho in the Betelgeuse system with a population of 12 million.
In 2238 contact was made with Kappa in the Wezen system with a population of 9.5 million.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top