Curtail 4Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Position; observe -> Compete
2. Introductory textbook -> First in rank
3. School subject -> Floor covering
4. Written composition -> Show displeasure
5. Make again -> A colour
6. What person (objective) -> What person (subjective)
7. Close together; slow to learn -> Lairs
8. Therefore -> Unit of energy
Bonus: Take the eight curtailed letters and form a one-word anagram; you will find an assignment.
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. View -> Vie
2. Primer -> Prime
3. Math -> Mat
4. Book -> Boo
5. Redo -> Red
6. Whom -> Who
7. Dense -> Dens
8. Ergo -> Erg
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top