Stately Words 4Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Each state and province has a two letter postal abbreviation. In this teaser, the answer will be an anagram of two abbreviations.
1) Anagram two state abbreviations to get a word that means immediately following.
2) Anagram the abbreviations of a US state and a US territory to get a word for pig.
3) Anagram the abbreviation of a Canadian province and a US state to create a word for a celestial body.
4) Anagram two state abbreviations to get the name of a brand of soap.
5) Anagram the abbreviations of two Canadian provinces to get a wicker basket.
Hint1) Corn, Longhorn
2) Sooners, San Juan's island
3) The national capital's province, Huckleberry Finn
4) Montgomery, Potatoes
5) Anne of Green Gables, Moose Jaw.
Answer1) Nebraska and Texas NE+TX= Next
2) Oklahoma and Puerto Rico OK+PR = Pork
3) Ontario and Missouri ON+MO=Moon
4) Alabama and Idaho AL+ID = Dial
5) Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan PE+SK = Skep
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top