Curtail 20Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Row; level -> Bind; fasten
2. Finished -> Put on; take on
3. To strip; take away -> Plunges into water
4. Sorrow; desolation -> Scrooge; hoarder
5. Merry-go-round -> Engage in drinking and partying
6. Similarity; comparison -> Data measured on a continuous scale
7. Message holder -> Completely surround
8. Public declaration of intentions (political) -> Document listing a ship's contents
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Tier -> Tie
2. Done -> Don
3. Divest -> Dives
4. Misery -> Miser
5. Carousel -> Carouse
6. Analogy -> Analog
7. Envelope -> Envelop
8. Manifesto -> Manifest
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top