Hinky PinkyLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
The clues below lead to a two-word answer that rhymes, such as Big Pig or Stable Table. The numbers in parentheses after the clue give the number of syllables in each word.
1. "The Raven" author's garden-watering tube (1): ___________
2. Unclothed beneficiary of a will (1): ___________
3. Scatterbrain throws in the towel (1): ___________
4. Approaching an open space in a forest (2): _____________
5. Very infrequent occurrence at an alms-giving organization (3): ____________
HintWhen I said the numbers in the parentheses after the clue give the number of syllables in each word, what I mean by that is the numbers in parentheses tell you the number of syllables in each word OF THE ANSWER. You should have already guessed that but... you know, just in case. :)
Answer1. Poe's hose
2. bare heir
3. ditz quits
4. nearing clearing
5. charity rarity
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top