Model Modification 2Trivia brain teasers have some element of trivia in them, but they are not just pure trivia questions.
Have you ever been stuck in traffic, staring at the vehicle ahead of you?
Did you notice the make and model? Now you can use that to your advantage.
Each clue below takes the model name of a vehicle and modifies it to form a normal English word.
Any letters in quotes must be added to the model name (either before, after, or inside).
See how many you can figure out.
Example: Don't be greedy! Inserting "PERABU" into this Plymouth model is just too much.
Answer: SU-PERABU-NDANCE, a modified Plymouth SUNDANCE. A "superabundance" is an excessive amount.
1. Even if there is "ANAG" with this Dodge model, it won't mar my play on words.
2. If you want a celebration, just an "L" is missing from this Ford model.
3. Inserting an "IV" into this Isuzu model is like acting without thinking.
4. Seeing these two models together (a Honda and a Saturn) is music to my ears.
5. Running late? Adding a "NOME" to this Chevy model will help you keep time.
6. If "I'M" inside this Buick model, it will give an approximate answer.
7. When "RY" follows this Chevy model, it will be an inspiration to others.
HintHere is a list of models; only some are needed.
Accent, Accord, Achieva, Aries, Astro, Avenger, Capri, Corolla, Colt, Deville, Element, Escape, Estate, Excel, Expo, Fit, Festiva, Flex, Forester, Golf, Impulse, Integra, Ion, Lancer, Legacy, Lumina, Lynx, Metro, Neon, Optima, Precis, Prelude, Probe, Quest, Ram, Ranger, Reatta, Regal, Rio, Rogue, Sable, Scorpio, Sedona, Sprint, Taurus, Tempo, Tribute, Venture, Versa, Vibe, Voyager.
Answer1. ANAG-RAM, a modified Dodge RAM. An "anagram" involves rearranging letters to form other words; "mar" is an anagram of "ram".
2. FESTIVA-L, a modified Ford FESTIVA. A "festival" is a time for celebration or feasting.
3. IMPULS-IV-E, a modified Isuzu IMPULSE. To be "impulsive" is to act on feelings rather than careful consideration.
4. ACCORD-ION, a modified Honda ACCORD and a Saturn ION. An "accordion" is a wind instrument with a keyboard.
5. METRO-NOME, a modified Chevy METRO. A "metronome" helps when practising music; it makes a clicking sound at regular intervals.
6. EST-IM-ATE, a modified Buick ESTATE. To "estimate" is to approximate the value or amount.
7. LUMINA-RY, a modified Chevy LUMINA. A "luminary" is a person who inspires others.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top