Model Modification 3Trivia brain teasers have some element of trivia in them, but they are not just pure trivia questions.
Have you ever been stuck in traffic, staring at the vehicle ahead of you?
Did you notice the make and model? Now you can use that to your advantage.
Each clue below takes the model name of a vehicle and modifies it to form a normal English word.
Any letters in quotes must be added to the model name (either before, after, or inside).
See how many you can figure out.
Example: Don't be greedy! Inserting "PERABU" into this Plymouth model is just too much.
Answer: SU-PERABU-NDANCE, a modified Plymouth SUNDANCE. A "superabundance" is an excessive amount.
1. Start with "VAU" and add a Cadillac model to find an early form of variety entertainment.
2. Insert a "T" into this Mercury model, and your barn should not fall down.
3. Insert a small "ION" in this Buick model, and it refers to an entire geographic area.
4. Adding an "N" to this Mercury model may result in a sting.
5. If you put a "RAT" into this Pontiac model, it will shake things up.
6. You might see this Dodge model with "SC" if you don't dodge the animals on the road.
7. Cat got your tongue? Inserting "AR" into this Mercury model will give a cat its voice.
HintHere is a list of models; only some are needed.
Accord, Achieva, Aries, Avenger, Corolla, Colt, Dart, Deville, Element, Escape, Estate, Expo, Fit, Festiva, Flex, Forester, Forte, Fusion, Golf, Impulse, Integra, Lancer, Legacy, Lynx, Metro, Neon, Optima, Precis, Prelude, Probe, Ram, Regal, Rogue, Sable, Scorpio, Sonic, Sprint, Taurus, Tempo, Venture, Vibe.
Answer1. VAU-DEVILLE, a modified Cadillac DEVILLE. "Vaudeville" often includes juggling, acrobatics, song-and-dance, and animal acts.
2. S-T-ABLE, a modified Mercury SABLE. A "stable" is both a place for animals, and something unlikely to fall.
3. REG-ION-AL, a modified Buick REGAL. Something "regional" applies to an entire area or region.
4. SCORPIO-N, a modified Mercury SCORPIO. A "scorpion" has a curved tail with a stinger on the end.
5. VIB-RAT-E, a modified Pontiac VIBE. To "vibrate" is to move rapidly back and forth.
6. SC-AVENGER, a modified Dodge AVENGER. A "scavenger" feeds on dead animals such as road-kill.
7. L-AR-YNX, a modified Mercury LYNX. The "larynx" holds the vocal cords; the "lynx" is a species of wildcat.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top