State SoundalikesLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you are given odd definitions of terms. The terms must be found, and they sound approximately like the names of U.S. states. Can you get all five?
1. What a certain spectator sport's spectators do
2. Doing 2,000 pounds of laundry
3. What to buy if you're only slightly thirsty
4. Mindful of a wooded valley
5. Bauxite that is missing
The hint gives the first letter of each state name.
Answer1. What a certain spectator sport's spectators do: "tennis-see" (Tennessee)
2. Doing 2,000 pounds of laundry: "washing ton" (Washington)
3. What to buy if you're only slightly thirsty: "mini-soda" (Minnesota)
4. Mindful of a wooded valley: "dell-aware" (Delaware)
5. Bauxite that is missing: "ore gone" (Oregon)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top