Dropboxes IVLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Alley-goer [_] 2. Less high [_] 3. Part
4. Large wasp [_] 5. Floral defense [_] 6. Rent
7. Pickle condiment [_] 8. County [_] 9. Not his
10. Move, as on ice [_] 11. Middle (of a month) [_] 12. Metal caster
13. Colorful flower [_] 14. Judge [_] 15. Age
16. Cracker [_] 17. Perceive auditorily [_] 18. German mug
19. Duke, earl, and baron [_] 20. Ear parts [_] 21. High-arcing tosses
22. Demons [_] 23. Resides [_] 24. Conceal
Answer1. bowler [B] 2. lower [W] 3. role
4. hornet [E] 5. thorn [H] 6. torn
7. relish [L] 8. shire [I] 9. hers
10. slide [L] 11. ides [S] 12. die
13. aster [S] 14. rate [T] 15. era
16. saltine [A] 17. listen [L] 18. stein
19. nobles [N] 20. lobes [E] 21. lobs
22. devils [D] 23. lives [S] 24. veil
"Bells and whistles," an idiom meaning "extra features."
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top