Dropboxes VLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Conclusion [_] 2. Foreign [_] 3. World's longest river
4. Common male title [_] 5. Semesters [_] 6. Remainder
7. Sixth element [_] 8. Cured pork [_] 9. Second baseman Robinson
10. Holding an office [_] 11. Calibrator [_] 12. Gull-like bird
13. Permanent [_] 14. Smoke or traffic, for example [_] 15. Winnings
16. Intelligence, informally [_] 17. Tub [_] 18. Containers
19. In the city [_] 20. Ground grain [_] 21. Rod
22. Annul [_] 23. Tidy [_] 24. Street
25. Tiny cases [_] 26. Wardrobe [_] 27. Male foals
Answer1. finale [F] 2. alien [A] 3. Nile
4. mister [I] 5. terms [M] 6. rest
7. carbon [R] 8. bacon [B] 9. Cano
10. tenure [E] 11. tuner [U] 12. tern
13. lasting [T] 14. signal [L] 15. gains
16. brains [R] 17. basin [A] 18. bins
19. urban [U] 20. bran [N] 21. bar
22. cancel [C] 23. clean [C] 24. lane
25. lockets [K] 26. closet [E] 27. colts
"Fire truck" and "ambulance" -- two emergency response vehicles.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
There are no comments
Back to Top