Homophones Q-SLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
A homophone is one of two or more words that sound the same, but have different definitions. Can you find the five pairs of homophones using the clues given? At least one homophone in each of the five pairs or triplets will begin with the letter Q, R, or S.
1) comes from the sky / controls a horse / period of rule
2) turn over and over / part in a play
3) sunlight / lift up / destroy
4) catch waves / feudal laborer
5) you climb these / looks fixedly
Answer1) rain / rein / reign
2) roll / role
3) rays / raise / raze
4) surf / serf
5) stairs / stares
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top