Words of Wisdom From the GraveIn Cryptography teasers, a phrase or expressions has been encoded in some way (frequently by replacing letters with other letters). You need to figure out the encoding method and then decode the message to find the answer.
The following quotes are true words of wisdom from a famous person in American History. Can you decipher the quotes and guess who the author of the quotes was?
1. Fecu'q zhkmuls eq zvkz au muz gfl zgg qggx kxl aequ zgg fkzu.
2. Miuqzq, feju ceqv, tumex zg qouff kczuh zvhuu lksq.
3. Ukhfs zg tul kxl ukhfs zg hequ okjuq k okx vukfzvs, aukfzvs, kxl aequ.
4. Aequ oux lgx'z xuul klnedu. Cggfq agx'z zkju ez.
1. Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.
2. Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.
3. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
4. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.
These famous quotes were furnished courtesy of Benjamin Franklin.
He was an American printer, author, diplomat, philosopher, scientist, inventor, and one of America's greatest statesmen. Born in 1706 and died in 1790.
He published Poor Richard Almanac in 1732.
He invented bifocals in 1760.
This man was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top