Behead ELanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Wear away -> Travelled on an animal
2. Fill with joy -> Not on time; dead
3. Each; all -> To a high degree
4. Something that happens -> To let off pressure
5. Large property with a house -> Declare; say
6. Come out from -> To combine; unite
7. Feeling; passion -> Movement
8. Same in ability; fairness -> Trait; character
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Erode -> Rode
2. Elate -> Late
3. Every -> Very
4. Event -> Vent
5. Estate -> State
6. Emerge -> Merge
7. Emotion -> Motion
8. Equality -> Quality
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top