Curtail RLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Measuring stick -> Law
2. Prophet; visionary -> To perceive
3. Rip; pull apart -> Beverage
4. Topic; anything with mass and volume -> Not glossy; flat
5. Moon depression -> Large box
6. One who digs for ore -> Belonging to me
7. Police person -> Place of work
8. Vocalist -> Scorch; burn superficially
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Ruler -> Rule
2. Seer -> See
3. Tear -> Tea
4. Matter -> Matte
5. Crater -> Crate
6. Miner -> Mine
7. Officer -> Office
8. Singer -> Singe
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top