Famous People's Not-So-Famous QuotationsIn Cryptography teasers, a phrase or expressions has been encoded in some way (frequently by replacing letters with other letters). You need to figure out the encoding method and then decode the message to find the answer.
The below cryptograms are lesser known quotes by famous people. The cipher (key) for all of them is the same.
1. BZLDJC DC KLZ IZQNZLS DLCIDQRSDKL RLG LDLZSH-LDLZ IZQNZLS IZQCIDQRSDKL.
--SAKORC R. ZGDCKL
2. SAZQZ'C LKSADLB QZORQMRXPZ RXKJS DS. RPP KLZ ARC SK GK DC ADS SAZ QDBAS MZHC RS SAZ QDBAS SDOZ RLG SAZ DLCSQJOZLS IPRHC DSCZPE.
--YKARLLZC CZXRCSDRL XRNA
3. D RO LKS R CIZZG QZRGZQ. D RO R CIZZG JLGZQCSRLGZQ.
4. D ARWZ LZWZQ OZS R ORL CK DBLKQRLS SARS D NKJPGL'S PZRQL CKOZSADLB EQKO ADO.
5. D ARWZ XJS KLZ PROI XH FADNA OH EZZS RQZ BJDGZG; RLG SARS DC SAZ PROI KE ZUIZQDZLNZ. D MLKF KE LK FRH KE YJGBDLB SAZ EJSJQZ XJS XH SAZ IRCS.
1st quote is by an inventor
2nd by a Composer/Musician
3rd by a Sci-Fi writer
4th by an Astronomer
5th by a Revolutionist
Answer1. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
--Thomas A. Edison
2. There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
--Johannes Sebastian Bach
3. I am not a speed reader. I am a speed understander.
4. I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
5. I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.
The Cipher is as follows:
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top