The following are colloquialisms/idioms written in their literal form. This time though, there are only three that you need to find.
Example: A Panthera Pardus is incapable of altering its texture. (A leopard can't change its spots)
1. In the general area, but failing to acquire the roll of tobacco.
2. Please pardon my accidental use of a romance language derived from Latin.
3. Direct your attention to the melodic tones currently occurring.
Answer1. Close but no Cigar--This means to come close to succeeding, but not quite reaching your goal.
2. Excuse my French--This is a term used when someone curses at an inappropriate time.
3. Face the Music--This means to accept what will happen, instead of running from it or denying it.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top