Anagram Guru 3Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Two numbers are given in each sentence that need to be replaced by words. Each word is an anagram of the other, except that one word contains an additional letter that the other word lacks. When this additional letter is removed, each word can be made by using the letters of the other word in each sentence. Based on the clues given in each sentence, do your best to figure out what the two words are. The numbers given in each sentence indicate the number of letters in each word. Some of the words may be formed without rearranging the letters, and the only difference between the words in this case is the one letter that has been added to one of the words.
1) The attorney was very happy. Not only had he just become a (7) in the firm, but his wife had just told him that he would be a (6) in a few months.
2) The (7) rode swiftly to fight the fire breathing (6).
3) He read in the ancient (4) that a (5) would strike the earth in ten years.
4) I heard the foreman (6) "look out (5)!"
5) The gambler was able to (6) that his opponent was only holding a (5).
6) The Great (6) was not in 1812. You are in (5).
7) In that (6) lies a hero who lost his life to an archer's (5).
8) A (4) began to form between them when he started to (5) with others.
9) It appeared that the (5) had eaten the young man. All that could be found was the (4) he had worn to the fraternity party.
10) Some people regarded yesterday's event as being (7). There were rumors that the priest had been paid to (6) the historic site.
Answer1) Partner, Parent
2) Dragoon, Dragon
3) Tome, Comet
4) Bellow, Below
5) Deduce, Deuce
6) Terror, Error
7) Barrow, Arrow
8) Rift, Flirt
9) Gator, Toga
10) Shallow, Hallow
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top