The Vowel-less Knights #1Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
For those of you who never played Might and Magic (a computer game), the Vowel-less Knights would always say something without vowels. It was up to you, the player, to figure out what they were saying. In their tradition, what are these famous quotes?
1) Spk sftl nd crr bg stck.
2) gv hm th whl nn yrds!
3) Nvr hv s fw gvn s mch fr s mn.
Hint1) Spoken by a World War 1 national leader. Bonus point: who?
2) Spoken by many World War 2 pilots. Bonus point: what were they describing?
3) Spoken by a World War 2 era national leader. Bonus points: who, and what was he referring to?
Answer1) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Bonus: Theodore Roosevelt.
2) I gave him the whole nine yards!
Bonus: Fighter pilots would say this when they shot all 27 feet of ammunition at one target.
3) Never have so few given so much for so many.
Bonus: Winston Churchill, praising the British fighter pilots who won the Battle of Britain.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top