Spring FlowersLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Spring is here! All the gardens on Hilldale Avenue are ablaze with color from flowering bulbs. The five gardens are each filled with different flowers. Alice and her neighbors, including Taylor, planted their bulbs at different times last summer and fall. From the following clues, can you determine each neighbor's first and last name, type of bulbs in each garden, each neighbor's address and when their bulbs were planted?
First names: Alice, Bob, Carl, Denise, Evelyn
Last names: Stewart, Taylor, Upland, Vickers, Wilson
Addresses: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Bulbs: Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus, Snowdrops, Hyacinths
Planting Dates: Aug.30, Sept.10, Sept.26, Oct.2, Oct.31
1. The 5 neighbors are Carl, the daffodil lady, Stewart, the neighbor who always plants last, and the one who resides at number 24.
2. Ms. Wilson returned from her vacation on the last day of September, just in time to plant her bulbs at number 23 Hilldale Avenue.
3. Vickers planted her bulbs after number 27 but long before the crocus went into the ground.
4. Denise always plants her bulbs, which have an initial letter that is the same as the initial of her last name, on the date that corresponds with her address.
5. Mr. Taylor gave out Halloween goodies for "Trick or Treat" on the same day that he planted his crocus bulbs.
6. Alice Vickers dislikes the smell of hyacinths.
AnswerAlice Vickers, Tulips, Sept.10, No. 24
Bob Taylor, Crocus, Oct.31, No.25
Carl Upland, Hyacinths, Aug.30, No.27
Denise Stewart, Snowdrops, Sept.26, No. 26
Evelyn Wilson, Daffodils, Oct.2, No.23
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top