I Am Hidden in Here #10Trivia brain teasers have some element of trivia in them, but they are not just pure trivia questions.
In this teaser, you are to take the first letter from the people's surnames to discover the name of this famous 19th century reformer and writer.
1. I am revered as a hero of Islam, uniting Arab forces and recapturing the holy city of Jerusalem from Christian Crusaders in the 12th century A.D.
2. I am considered one of the great Hollywood stars of the 20th century, starring in the 1944 film "National Velvet".
3. I am considered the greatest ruler of ancient Rome. I was a ruthless politician and soldier who used my power to restore order and prosperity to Rome with such success that my reign (27 B.C. to 14 A.D.) became known as the "Augustan Age".
4. I am the loyal companion of detective Sherlock Holmes, and the narrator of nearly all the Holmes stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
5. I was the great genius inventor of the electrical age. My hundreds of inventions made me a public figure around the world at the turn of the 20th century.
Hint"Uncle Tom's Cabin".
2. Taylor (Elizabeth)
3. Octavius (Gaius Octavius)
4. Watson (John H.)
5. Edison (Thomas)
The name: STOWE (Harriet Beecher)
Harriet Beecher Stowe was an American reformer and writer whose novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin" (1852) is a classic of 19th century anti-slavery literature. While living in Cincinnati, she became active in the anti-slavery movement.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top