Special DeliveryLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Joe needed some extra money, so he decided to take a summer job with a local gift shop, as a delivery boy. Joe had just loaded the van, when a gust of wind blew his delivery list out of his hand and into a puddle of water. The ink ran and 5 entries were smudged out. Joe remembers some of the details of the deliveries, but needs help reconstructing his list so he can get back to work. Using the clues below, can you help Joe figure out who each gift was delivered to, the occasion for the gift, the street each recipient lives on and the time the gifts are to be delivered?
Recipients: Tava, Gretta, Diane, Jill, Sarah
Gifts: Roses, tulips, teddy bear, tiger, balloons
Occasions: birthday, anniversary, get well, baby, promotion
Streets: Julian Ave, Story St, Brady Ln, Dory Dr, Manor Ct.
Times: 10 am, 11 am, noon, 1 pm, 2 pm
1) Gretta does not live on Story St.
2) Both the 11 am delivery and the one made to Sarah were flowers.
3) The 5 deliveries are the roses, the one on Story St, the one made at 1 pm, the one with a get well message, and the one made to Tava.
4) The last delivery of the day was a stuffed animal given as a birthday gift.
5) Jill (who just had a baby) did not receive a stuffed animal, nor was her gift delivered at noon.
6) The delivery on Julian Ave (which wasn't to Gretta) was tulips.
7) The deliveries were made in the following order: the balloons, the one made to Dory Dr, the one made to Diane, the gift given to celebrate a promotion, and the one made to Manor Ct.
8) The teddy bear was delivered 1 hour before Sarah received her gift, but 2 hours after the delivery on Story St.
AnswerThanks to you, Joe remembered the missing details of the list. He made his deliveries on time and managed to take home $25 in tips!
Jill's friends sent balloon to her home on Story St. at 10 am to welcome the new baby.
Gretta received roses from her husband at 11 am for their anniversary. They live on Dory Dr.
Diane heard a knock at her door on Brady Ln at noon. She received a teddy bear "bearing" get well wishes, as she had been ill for several days.
Sarah just received a promotion and her co-workers sent tulips to her Julian Ave home at 1 pm.
Tava received a tiger for her birthday at 2 pm. She lives on Manor Ct.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top