Five Coloured ShirtsLogic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
Every day from Monday through Sunday in this week, Mr. Peter picks two shirts from the five colours red, blue, yellow, green and black. Peter follows the rules:
1. Peter doesn't use the same combination on two days of this week.
2. Peter doesn't use the same colour on two consecutive days of this week.
3. Peter uses some colour on four days.
4. Peter uses blue and black on Monday.
5. Peter uses green on Thursday.
6. Peter doesn't use yellow on Friday.
7. Peter doesn't combine red with black.
What colours does Peter use on Saturday?
AnswerFrom rules 2 and 3, Peter must use one colour on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, which can be blue or black.
If it's black, from rules 1 and 4, Peter must combine black with red, yellow and green on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, but rule 7 disallows combining black with red.
Therefore, it's blue, and Peter must combine blue with red, yellow and green on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. From rule 5, Peter uses green on Thursday, he can't use green on Wednesday or Friday, and only on Sunday.
From rule 6, Peter doesn't use yellow on Friday, and he can only use red on Friday and yellow on Wednesday.
Since Peter uses blue, red and green on Friday and Sunday, from rule 2, he can only use black and yellow on Saturday.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top