Vacation!Logic puzzles require you to think. You will have to be logical in your reasoning.
A vacationing family sitting around the campfire has the following conversation:
1. Father: What day is it? I am sure it isn't Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
2. Mother: Well that's not very helpful dear. Besides yesterday was Friday.
3. Father: No, now that I think about it, yesterday wasn't Friday, tomorrow is Friday.
4. Jon: The day after tomorrow is Thursday.
5. Meg: You are nuts. Tomorrow is Thursday.
6. Mother: Actually, it's probably Thursday today.
7. Jon: All we know for sure is that it wasn't Sunday yesterday.
If only one statement above is true, what day of the week is it?
AnswerNumber each person's statement and write down the list of days that it could be according to each statement.
1. Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
7. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
The only day mentioned one time is Monday. Therefore it must be Monday, otherwise one of the other statements would be true.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top