Dragon OlympicsLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
Every year on Tyria, a competition is held to test the skills of the dragons hatched in the previous year. The citizens of Summerhaven erected an obstacle course consisting of 20 rings and 20 targets, strategically placed, to test agility, fire-breathing skills and accuracy, as well as flight speed. The dragon yearlings (including Azazeal) must hit the targets with their fire-breath while flying through the rings. They will be judged on the number of rings they fly through, the number of targets they hit, and how quickly they complete the course. Each dragon hit a different number of rings (one flew through 10) and targets (one hit 10), and completed the course in a different amount of time (including 15, 20 and 25 mins). Can you determine the outcome of these "Dragon Olympics"?
1) The dragon that placed 3rd hit the same number of targets as the time it took her to finish the course.
2) Krale missed 14 rings, but only missed 2 targets. He placed somewhere ahead of Jaabel.
3) 4 of the 5 dragons are as follows: the one that flew through 4 rings, the one that hit 15 targets, the one that finished the course in 23 mins, and the dragon that placed 1st overall.
4) Zuria flew through exactly 5 more rings than the number of targets she hit. She hit exactly 5 fewer targets than the dragon that placed 4th.
5) Bael hit 5 more targets than the number of rings he flew through. He did not finish the course in the least amount of time, but he did finish faster than the dragon that placed 3rd.
6) The dragon that placed 5th completed the course in the same amount of time as the number of rings she flew through.
7) In order of overall placement, the 5 dragons are as follows: the one that hit 12 targets, the dragon that finished in 23 mins, the one that hit 20 targets, the one that completed the course in 17 mins, and the one that flew through 15 rings.
AnswerJaabel, 4 rings, 20 targets, 20 mins, 3rd place
Krale, 6 rings, 18 targets, 23 mins, 2nd place
Zuria, 15 rings, 10 targets, 15 mins, 5th place
Azazeal, 20 rings, 12 targets, 25 mins, 1st place
Bael, 10 rings, 15 targets, 17 mins, 4th place
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top