Behead CLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Outer layer -> Oxidized metal
2. Defraud; violate rules -> Thermal energy in transit
3. Sensation of cold -> Local land elevation
4. Go upward -> Jointed appendage; branch
5. Strong metal rope -> Having necessary skill
6. Confined; restrained -> Old; grew older
7. Stop; discontinue -> Freedom from hardship
8. Lacking dirt -> Lacking fat
HintThe shorter words start with these letters:
Answer1. Crust -> Rust
2. Cheat -> Heat
3. Chill -> Hill
4. Climb -> Limb
5. Cable -> Able
6. Caged -> Aged
7. Cease -> Ease
8. Clean -> Lean
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top