Curtail LLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Pebbles, rock fragments -> Tomb; serious
2. Prearranged fight with weapons -> Payable on demand; owed
3. Experience emotion; touch -> Fixed charge
4. Implement used for a job -> Also; excessively
5. Standard of perfection -> Mental concept; thought
6. Speech pattern with long vowels -> To sketch
7. Artist's tripod -> Freedom from hardship
8. Pale tint of colour -> Glue; a soft malleable mixture
HintThe words start with these letters:
Answer1. Gravel -> Grave
2. Duel -> Due
3. Feel -> Fee
4. Tool -> Too
5. Ideal -> Idea
6. Drawl -> Draw
7. Easel -> Ease
8. Pastel -> Paste
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top