Back in Forth 9Language brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Based on the clue in parentheses, find a four-letter word that can be inserted backwards into the blank to complete a longer word.
Example: di____ve (a defeat)
Answer: dissolve ("A defeat" gives you LOSS, which is placed backwards in the blank: di_SSOL_ve.)
1. s____ing (profound, extreme, or intense)
2. si____ll (inspired by a feeling of reverence)
3. re____ed (draw with force)
4. s____hot (to extend over)
HintHere are clues for the eight-letter words:
1. going fast
2. part of a tire
3. looked at
Answer1. speeding (DEEP - s_PEED_ing)
2. sidewall (AWED - si_DEWA_ll)
3. regarded (DRAG - re_GARD_ed)
4. snapshot (SPAN - s_NAPS_hot)
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top