First Day on the JobLogic Grid puzzles come with a handy interactive grid that will help you solve the puzzle based on the given clues.
It's your first day on the job. Your team member's introductions went so fast; it's all a blur. There are three males: Alex, Carlos and Edward, and two females: Brenda and Deborah. The other employees are all celebrating a work anniversary this week, for being with the company either 1, 3, 5, 10, or 20 years. Each of them has been using the same form of transportation for their entire career. Try to piece together what each person's role is, how they get to work, and how long they have been with the company.
1. Alex has been at work longer than the Engineer but not as long as the bus rider.
2. Because she takes public transit, Brenda can do the crossword on her way to work.
3. Carlos has been on the job exactly twice as long as the Manager
4. Either Deborah or the one who takes the train just received their 10 year service award.
5. Edward's last promotion was 2 years ago when he became a Specialist.
6. The Developer doesn't always get a seat and sometimes has to stand on the way to work.
7. The Architect role requires at least 6 years of on-the-job experience.
8. The Engineer can leave whenever she wants, she isn't tied down to a particular transit schedule.
9. The subway was built 8 years ago.
10. The owner of the motorcycle has been using it to come to work for more than 6 years.
11. On the day of the snowstorm last week, only Alex and the Manager arrived on time; everyone who relied on the roads (bus, car, motorcycle) was late.
HintBy clue 1 and 10, the Engineer cannot own the motorcycle.
Based on the above and several other clues, Brenda can only take the subway or train. By clue 11, Alex can also only take the subway or train. Therefore, the other three people cannot take the subway or train.
AnswerAlex is the Developer; he has taken the subway for 3 years.
Brenda is the Manager; she has taken the train for 10 years.
Carlos is the Architect; he has taken a motorcycle for 20 years.
Deborah is the Engineer; she has taken a car for 1 year.
Edward is the Specialist; he has taken the bus for 5 years.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top