Dropboxes IIILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Cash alternative [_] 2. Wept [_] 3. Grave
4. Eases [_] 5. Like a butler or steward [_] 6. Slender fragment
7. Deadly [_] 8. Rotary shaping tool [_] 9. Thermal energy
10. Car, informally [_] 11. From Cardiff [_] 12. Uses an axe
13. Winemaker? [_] 14. Harvest [_] 15. Exist plurally
16. Kings' seats [_] 17. Candid [_] 18. Rock
19. Broiling [_] 20. Categorizing [_] 21. Series of text characters
22. Subtitle [_] 23. "Go!" in Hollywood [_] 24. Raccoon-like mammal
25. Device [_] 26. "The _____ Cometh" [_] 27. Madly enthusiastic
Answer1. credit [T] 2. cried [C] 3. dire
4. relieves [E] 5. servile [E] 6. sliver
7. lethal [L] 8. lathe [L] 9. heat
10. wheels [E] 11. Welsh [L] 12. hews
13. grape [G] 14. reap [P] 15. are
16. thrones [R] 17. honest [H] 18. stone
19. roasting [A] 20. sorting [O] 21. string
22. caption [P] 23. action [N] 24. coati
25. machine [H] 26. iceman [E] 27. manic
"Telegraph" and "Cell phone" -- devices symbolic of early and modern telecommunications
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top