Dropboxes VILanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Pester [_] 2. Facial hair [_] 3. Exposed
4. Showed up [_] 5. Eclectic [_] 6. Spoke wildly
7. Tastes [_] 8. Paper piercer [_] 9. Type of wheat
10. Run playfully [_] 11. Shriek [_] 12. Concerns
13. Superficial [_] 14. Permits [_] 15. Perimeter
16. Express a belief [_] 17. Lidless [_] 18. "The Raven" author
19. Leave behind [_] 20. Wind instrument parts [_] 21. Fortune-teller
22. Mortar's counterpart [_] 23. Slumbered [_] 24. Strike repeatedly
Answer1. badger [G] 2. beard [D] 3. bare
4. arrived [R] 5. varied [I] 6. raved
7. palates [A] 8. staple [A] 9. spelt
10. scamper [P] 11. scream [M] 12. cares
13. shallow [H] 14. allows [O] 15. walls
16. opine [I] 17. open [N] 18. Poe
19. desert [T] 20. reeds [D] 21. seer
22. pestle [E] 23. slept [S] 24. pelt
"Graphite" and "diamonds" -- two contrasting forms of carbon.
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top