Double MeaningsLanguage brain teasers are those that involve the English language. You need to think about and manipulate words and letters.
Below are definitions of words (with the length of the word in parentheses), followed by a clue for a broken version of the word. For example:
PONDERING (8)...Monarch after dieting.
Would result in the word "THINKING", which could be broken into "THIN KING".
Can you decipher the five words below?
1. Certain Evening (9)...Tiny chess piece
2. Deed Subjects (10)...Cravats that are suitable
3. Ne'er-do-well (11)...Onion performing hip-hop music
4. Hawaiian person, eg. (8)...Confessions of a scandalmonger
5. Buddhist belief (13)...Flower adorning a horse's bridle
Answer1. WEEKNIGHT...WEE KNIGHT
2. PROPERTIES...PROPER TIES
3. RAPSCALLION...RAP SCALLION
4. ISLANDER...I SLANDER
5. REINCARNATION...REIN CARNATION
See another brain teaser just like this one...
Or, just get a random brain teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on this brain teaser, keep track of
which ones you have seen, and even make your own.
Back to Top