More ways to get Braingle...
rss

Braingle Time
10:35 am

Public Forums >> Games >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   ...   3   4   5   6      Next

Braingle Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament

This is the worst idea I have ever seen! And I elected Warren G. Harding for guff-sake!5
I am lukewarm to the idea. Perhaps if you included more flashing weasels....9
I like the idea but will watch from the sidelines. Because I don't have enough time to write three words.8
I don't like the idea but will watch from the sidelines. I enjoy roasting marshmallows on burning cars.5
I will attempt the game and look forward to a fun, silly tournament.51
I will play the game but take it so seriously that I will become mortal enemies with the player I lose to.19
It's been done before but it was fun before as well.5
It's been done before. And I hated it back then too.2
Game? I came here for an argument.9
You should be more serious with this game. Your teh reason Braingul is dieing!!!5
 Total Votes:118
AuthorMessage
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 10:09PM Apr 12, 2010

I never enter the Games Forum, almost never, so I was totally unaware of this! My loss! I read the first five pages to see how it worked, and because everyone seemed to be having so much fun! So THIS was where all the fun was happening, while the rest of us (who undoubtedly you all conspired to exclude from the game! ) labored to wade through the doldrums of Early Spring in the Family Room/General Discussion!

Even tho y'all had so much fun without me, I have to say this game idea was/is very admirable... the basic game and then fictionalizing/dramatizing it is really fun, and I liked how Logi's writing grew during the tournament! Coolo!

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
EMB92

new Posted: 10:12PM Apr 12, 2010

I think we should have a second tournament....because this was really fun.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 11:49PM Apr 12, 2010

Congrats to Steph on being the champ! I also loved your play by play commentary LR. Very entertaining - even if I did get defeated by Swaff in the first round.

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 01:13AM Apr 13, 2010

Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it. Although I would love to host another one (heck maybe participate in one myself) doing the commentary again would probably kill me. Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it, but .... haha. Hard work.

I was wondering if I could also add some, slight, strategic elements to a sequel, just to make it a bit less chance-based.

Oh and Shawn, if you had looked through the whole thing, you old Bullwinkle, ( ) you would've seen that this topic was originally moved. I had first set it up in General Discussions. I guess it moved before you saw it, unfortunately.
Psychic_MasterAnz

new Posted: 03:26AM Apr 13, 2010

LogicalRoger wrote:
I was wondering if I could also add some, slight, strategic elements to a sequel, just to make it a bit less chance-based. .

That sounds great. What did you have in mind?

"Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."
stephiesd*

new Posted: 05:26PM Apr 13, 2010

Wow, I actually won?!
I'm super surprised.

Thanks for hosting this, Roger. It was really well done.

"You can't stop the pterodactyl. The pterodactyl does what the pterodactyl wants." - JMM
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 10:49PM Apr 14, 2010

That sounds great. What did you have in mind?
I was thinking of something along the lines experience points to level up either rock, paper, or scissors. Players would get points after victories, and once before the first battle, and could purchase attack, defense and evasion increases on their weapons.

For example: A player starts out with their weapon's initial stats (such as rock - defense: 5, attack: 3, evasion: 1) and win their first match, mainly by chance or basic strategy, and gain 6 experience points. They are able to appropriate them so that they have a rock with 5 defense, 9 attack, and 1 evasion.

The level of evasion would determine the chance that their opponent's attack misses. If both sides missed they would continue trying to attack until one hit. If the attacker's attack is higher than the opponent's defense, the attacker wins.

Although the leveling up could possibly make paper beat scissors, I think it would be more strategic and just as fun. Not to mention that the weapon's starting states emphasise what they are good at (rock: defense, paper: evasion, scissors: attack) and would be scaled so that at least initially they would have a starting boost to beat weapons traditionally.

---This message was edited on 10:50PM Apr 14, 2010---
Psychic_MasterAnz

new Posted: 11:47PM Apr 14, 2010

Ooh, that sounds pretty clever. It would certainly add some element of strategy to a luck-based game.

"Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."
PaladinAus

new Posted: 12:03PM Apr 15, 2010

Hey Rog, if you want an Excel spreadsheet with some built in macros to do the calcs for the battles via random number generators, etc. let me know... I'd be glad to help.

"The greatest cause of unhappiness in the world today is trading what we want most for what we want now."
deepseaAus

new Posted: 12:21PM Apr 15, 2010

That sounds pretty cool.

^_^
EMB92

new Posted: 05:50PM Apr 15, 2010

So it will be like a rock paper scissors meets food fight kind of thing?
Yazmeen*pk

new Posted: 07:56PM Apr 27, 2010

I love the stories that go along with it!

Definition of LEADER: Someone who dares to stand up in a group of people, helps that group become a team, and then helps that team reach their goal however big or small it may be. ~Yazmeen (me!) ۝ Have 4wheels' amazing cookies! Ramadan Mubarak!
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 04:07PM May 24, 2010

I'm all for the basic game, and probably some kind of elaboration... (I'm just stating my personal prefs., so if I sound like I think I'm the boss, it's just because I had a really bad day! btw, what's an "old Bullwinkle"?)

But... would it really involve more stategy, if points were awarded based on the outcome of the first game, etc.? You'd still be receiving or not receiving points based on luck, basically, it would just be more complicated and would allow for SOME players to stay in the game longer. It wouldn't help those who lost in the first round, though, because if they lose they lose.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just saying I don't see how more stategy would come into it, the way I understand it? (and I'm not real sharp about most game stuff, so, be gentle with me)

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 12:16AM May 29, 2010

Hmm. I think I'll try and start it soon. I'll probably try and open sign ups after school ends for me. Hopefully there will be some interested in playing.

Sorry for the wait Shawn. Well, luck would still be involved, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be the same game, but the points would hopefully lead to different strategies and would allow players with the better strategy to win over luck the majority of the time. And I'd give points to everyone in the beginning so that the game would start with some strategy already.

It would be based on strategy because you could make it more possible to win by upgrading certain aspects. Like, for instance, if you had a low attack compared to your opponents and could never match their attacks you could upgrade defense or speed so that they wouldn't clobber you in one hit, or if you knew your opponent was faster you could upgrade your defense to withstand their attacks.
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 03:41PM Jun 9, 2010

OK, well, sounds good, but that's really gonna be a lot to figure out...? Unless maybe you kind of copy a point system from another game, so you don't have to start from scratch. I mean, like you'd have to figure out for each kind of points, like, how many defense points would be lost with each attack, and each attack would have different "ferocity" so you'd have to figure how many attack points would beat or not beat how many defense points, and so on? Just blurting out my thoughts... It's probably easier because you're already familiar with the concept from other games, so, don't mind me.

Scorefiretau

new Posted: 07:16AM Jul 2, 2010

It would be cool if the 1st match was worth 2 points, the 2nd match worth 3, and the last 4... But I guess that wouldn't be too strategic... How about... Having "Powers" that you can use at any time during the tournament? Like... Um... Automatically win a match... or something that will win against paper and scissors?

Still Gone.
jordy56*us

new Posted: 12:37PM Jul 20, 2010

i think it will be fun

The only thing that should be feared is fear itself.
Hashbrown21tus

new Posted: 03:32PM Aug 6, 2010

Hmmm... Sounds really cool, hopefully I can sign up soon!
Oldcustardtau

new Posted: 08:49PM Sep 5, 2010

I've signed up. But is it still going on?
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 08:52PM Sep 5, 2010

Uh, sorry, not really right now, unfortunately. If I change my mind about hosting I'll probably put up another form. But if anyone else wants to host it, be my guest. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it.

Skip to Page:  1   ...   3   4   5   6      Next  

Public Forums >> Games >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : Jmoney95 

Online Now: 19 users and 611 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account