Public Forums >> Games >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   ...   25      Next

Last Post Wins 14: The Curse is Broken

AuthorMessage
SilverWitch*us

new Posted: 10:46PM May 5, 2014

RULES
This is a simple game consisting of "posts". The "goal" of this game is to reach the final destination, which is Post Number 500, all the while posting in a fun, respectful and light-hearted way.

There is NO NEED for a "trick" or "technique" is to be use, since the final post is 500. Any posts made after Number 500, will be disqualified, and therefore be deleted.

Any evidence of cheating or manipulating the system will be dealt with. But it has to be proven. Cheating, is manipulating the system in a way that would allow you to be the 500th poster, in a deceitful way.

**Also - Double Posting is NOT allowed in this game. ***In fact, multiple posting in a row, is also not allowed.

Double posting to be the 500th poster, then deleting one post to hide the fact that you did in fact double post, is cheating. Cheating to win a game - any game on braingle, will be dealt with.

----------------------------

I feel no regret for having to finish LPW 13 like this. You've forced us to work against you, Ace, even in the most backhanded and unfair way. It's your own fault. I'm serious. Blame no one but yourself. But finally, the curse has been broken.

The world is not beautiful, and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
sciencestevencus

Zelda 4 evar.

new Posted: 11:41PM May 5, 2014

WHO DARES TO SAY I'M BORING I SHALL FIND YOU AND VANQUISH YOU GANONDORF!!!!

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval instead of as a merely descriptive term cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis
eighsseAus

King Eighsse

new Posted: 04:06AM May 6, 2014

*roars*

Okay...so now that the streak is broken, I guess I'll reveal what I did last time. After winning four times in a row, I really wanted to keep it going. So I made a program that has three windows open: one to refresh the Games thread list page, checking to find a screenshot of the number "499" across from where it finds a screenshot of the words "Last Post Wins" (this step is done while not logged in). The second window is set with my name and password already typed into to login boxes, and when it finds the "499" in window 1, it clicks the login button in window 2. Then just a second later it clicks "Post" in window 3, where a post has already been typed into the LPW post reply box (which was done while I was logged in, before logging out). In the last thread, that pre-typed message said "Hi there." It got posted while I was at the park playing basketball after work So, the first time was a success. But this time, you really did catch me off guard. I even thought about setting up the program last night. But I was like "Nah, they don't even seem to care about it anymore." And that's probably exactly what you were going for.

Oh, also, I was concerned with the idea that you two (if you were onto the program idea after last time possibly) could conspire to get it to 498 posts, then synch up somehow and both post at about exactly the same time, so that one of you would have to win, since it would take me at least a second or two to get my post in. So I was planning on updating the program to have five windows instead of three, and login to maroon_5 to immediately make post 499, and then login to eighsse and immediately make post 500.

(Yes, maroon_5 was only a decoy account. Or something.)

---This message was edited on 04:25AM May 6, 2014---

The first is the only to ever have been the only.
LogicalMath123tth

new Posted: 04:41AM May 6, 2014

I always thought maroon 5 is a newbie

Fun Fact: You are reading my signature.
dfamina

Simulposter Extraordinaire

new Posted: 07:04AM May 6, 2014

This is where I speak up. I've known about Ed's plan since before LPW 11 ended. It was just in its beginning stages, then, but we talked and it evolved, and I actually helped him (indirectly) in his planning. (A preliminary attempt was made to win LPW 11 in this manner, but it failed.) That being said, when I prompted Silver to help me finish 12, I wasn't totally sure that it would work, so it was partly for my own curiosity.

But in 13, Silver asked me before I left if she should go ahead and finish it, being that it was on page 44. I had a hunch that Ed wouldn't be expecting them to rush it so early.

So I guess that makes me something of a double-agent.

Though I had no idea about maroon_5, either.

---This message was edited on 07:09AM May 6, 2014---
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
SilverWitch*us

new Posted: 09:13AM May 6, 2014

Tell dfam I quit and I'm never talking to him again.

Wow, that's really clever, Ace

sciencestevencus

Zelda 4 evar.

new Posted: 09:47AM May 6, 2014

Wow, Ace, I thought this game was fair.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval instead of as a merely descriptive term cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis
dfamina

new Posted: 10:24AM May 6, 2014

SilverWitch wrote:
Tell dfam I quit and I'm never talking to him again.

About what I expected.

I figured it would come out sooner or later since Ed spoke up. And now that I've made enemies, it seems about time I left this place. I plan on leaving once my chess game is over. You lot will have to get on without me, at least for a while. (For the record, I was already planning to leave, as I informed Silver.) So, here's some parting advice:

Ed - If life gets you down, don't start Ctrl + X'ing. Ctrl-Alt-Del on it, and perhaps you'll come up with a solution. Don't forget to ask for F1; that's what friends are for.

DP - I can't think of anything to say to you, really. You're a little bit weird, but you're alright.

Silver - Stay tiny, and don't let these folks make you soft. Hurricane Ed will try to mellow you out, but you have to keep your mean streak.

That's about it. No one else is around here enough.
SilverWitch*us

new Posted: 11:12AM May 6, 2014

If we had done it late night like I wanted to last time it probably would have been revealed faster haha.

Guys, I'm growing up.

dfamina

new Posted: 11:16AM May 6, 2014

I don't mind taking the heat for that one, I did convince you to do it earlier than you wanted to. But Ed was prepared that time, so I don't think it would've mattered. In any case, his reign is over, so congratulations.
eighsseAus

King Eighsse

new Posted: 01:39PM May 6, 2014

Yes congratulations all around to all of you who foiled my plan, including Double Agent Queen Mina.

Gotta say though, if you're serious about hitting the road, I hate to see ya go buddy. Would like it if you came around every now and then.

dfamina

new Posted: 01:41PM May 6, 2014

I am, and I will. Or I'll find some other medium to talk to you.
eighsseAus

King Eighsse

new Posted: 01:46PM May 6, 2014

Right on brother.

dangerouspie101tus

Deepy the Soul Mushroom

new Posted: 03:23PM May 6, 2014

*misses many discussions*
1) I had no idea about maroon_5.
2) I can't believe you did that, Ace. That's genius.
3) Weird? Okay. Goodbye, then, dfam.... We never really talked all that much...

Also, I lit your fridge on fire. It was upsetting me.
siduobelei*us

new Posted: 04:28PM May 6, 2014

So... Did LPW the Twelfth really count?

Art is a passion...fruit.
sciencestevencus

Zelda 4 evar.

new Posted: 04:44PM May 6, 2014

Wait...dfam is deleting his account?

Why did ace need to not be logged in?

---This message was edited on 04:53PM May 6, 2014---

eighsseAus

King Eighsse

new Posted: 05:04PM May 6, 2014

@DP: I thought you were proud of your weirdness.

@siduo: Of course it did

@stevie: I don't think he's going to delete it, just not really come around anymore I guess.

And I didn't *need* to be logged off, but it's much stealthier when you can't even see my name online, until post 500 pops in out of nowhere. If they were doing the nighttime-posting-rally thing, and if I had the program set up, with me logged in from the start, they would be suspicious already if they noticed my name online.

sciencestevencus

Zelda 4 evar.

new Posted: 07:37PM May 6, 2014

Suspicous? No...

eighsseAus

King Eighsse

new Posted: 07:38PM May 6, 2014

Yes. I'm never on in the middle of the night.

sciencestevencus

Zelda 4 evar.

new Posted: 07:51PM May 6, 2014

Ah.

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   ...   25      Next  

Public Forums >> Games >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : SaraGrace 

Online Now: 0 users and 340 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account